Re: Pulte Homes to buy by csand
July 07, 2017, 11:36:47 AM

Fun things to do by Happy Homeowner
July 06, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
July 05, 2017, 07:31:02 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
June 30, 2017, 07:42:57 AM

Author Topic: North Carolina Furniture Truck  (Read 15468 times)

ckotera

North Carolina Furniture Truck
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:11:35 AM »
Last night was the third time in two weeks a group of three men driving a semi labeled North Carolina Furniture was in our subdivision (waterford) trying to sell furniture off their truck.  The men go door to door with a story that customers cancelled orders and they are trying to sell furniture off the truck so they don't have to bring it back to the warehouse.  My husband and I find it odd that this is the third time they have been seen with the same story.  Not to mention we have both lived in the suburbs for 30 + years and have never seen nor heard of the company.  Just curios if anyone else has seen them, heard of the company or maybe even bought something from them?

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

crazykid

Re: North Carolina Furniture Truck
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 06:09:02 AM »
Yes I have heard of the company.  Both my aunt and mom have ordered furniture from that company.  The company they ordered from was from North Carolina.  Check to make sure they have out of state plates.  I believe it is a wholesaler and they also have their brand of furniture at high-end furniture stores. 

Summer :)

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »
We bought living room furniture from them, but they were driving around.. they had it all display a few summers ago on the corner of Irving Park road and Rt 59.. had a permit to sell and everything.. it isnt stolen furniture.. l

sgdg

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 07:44:57 AM »
This is legit.  There are HUGE furniture stores in NC and you can get just about anything at a great deal there.  My parents lived in Michigan and refurnished their entire house through Furnitureland South, a store in NC.  Even with shipping, it was way cheaper than buying from local stores.  If you know what you want (Brand,model) you can go to their web site or call them and they will give you prices.  When we moved in I used their prices to get some nicer dinning room furniture from Walter E Smith.  WES matched the price plus shipping and we saved about 20% over the WES regular price. 

I am sure some of the furniture on the truck is canceled orders, but more than likely it is older stuff sitting around their warehouse they want to get rid of.  Either way, it is the real deal and you will save lots of $$$ if you need furniture.

raygc

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »
They are definitely legit. They basically go to these new subdivisions and sell right off the street. They came down our street in Providence in 2005 & 2006. We bought something from them each time and have been very happy with it.

olmeca

• Lord Stanley's CUP!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
You guys must have grown up in the suburbs.  A truck full of furniture of 'Canceled orders"  ;D ;D ;D

I am just laughing that  you would think that a truck would bring furniture, (usually special ordered) COD all the way from North Carolina.  They may be southern hicks, but no reputable firm operates like that.  Now if the con men, I mean sales men, are returning damaged furniture and they strike a deal with their company to sell it a reduced rate and keep the profit, that is another story.  Sort of like a Sears outlet on wheels. 

By the way, we are members of Direct Buy and that is a great way to furnish a house.

I wonder if the tile guys from Italy will be floating down the fox on the their gondolas selling canceled orders of Italian marble :D

raygc

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
The guys give receipts, accept checks so I don't think they are con artist or that the stuff is stolen. I think most people dealing in stolen stuff only deal in cash.  The stuff is cancelled orders and previous years merchandise. Lazy Boy, Howard Miller clocks, etc. They had some good stuff the last time I saw them 2 years ago.

Marcy

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »
Dang!  I wish they would have driven down my street!!

raygc

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
Olmeca, in the 2 years that I saw them, I did not see any damaged furniture they were trying to sell. All new stuff in excellent condition.  Oh, and I grew up on the South side of Chicago  ;D

DML

• Waterford
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »
I know some people in other towns that have bought furniture from them. They are happy with it. It does seem kind of weird, but I guess they hit all the new neighborhoods.

olmeca

• Lord Stanley's CUP!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
Its the story these guys are giving you and people are taking.  Anyone that sits on a corner or goes door to door is selling stuff they buy at a wholesale outlet.  Or factory seconds.  By the way, have they shown anyone a peddlers license. 

lotsofkids

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »
Bought a clock a year ago and it broke.  we called the number on the receipt and they replaced the clock.  Not bad for a bunch of crooks! :D

jsa927

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 03:51:36 AM »
We bought furniture from them last year.  They did have a temporary business license from the City of Elgin at that time.  We bought a bedroom set, 2 chairs and a grandfather clock.  The only thing we've had trouble with is the clock. 

olmeca

• Lord Stanley's CUP!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 04:55:45 AM »
sounds like the clocks are a problem when you use them, what happens when you sit on the furniture ? ;D

Summer :)

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 05:50:23 AM »
what type of trouble with the clock??? grandfather clocks are so picky.. and need to be correctly balance to run properly, and if they are placed on carpet, they tend to get unbalance as the carpet fibers become more condense... I have one, and moved it twice, let me know if I can help...  Also, great clock place on Larkin Ave. just coming into from Randall Rd. if you need real help with it.

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!