Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
August 02, 2017, 12:56:24 PM

Re: Yelow signs on Long Common in Providence by roze1
July 31, 2017, 08:39:47 AM

Re: Yelow signs on Long Common in Providence by Ret08
July 29, 2017, 03:12:23 PM

Yelow signs on Long Common in Providence by lilitln
July 29, 2017, 01:12:42 PM

Author Topic: North Carolina Furniture Truck  (Read 15564 times)

jsa927

Re: North Carolina Furniture Truck
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
It is sitting on carpet right now.  That could be the problem.  The weights and chains won't move. I'm going to have a repair person come to the house.  Just haven't got around to it yet.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Daisy

Re: North Carolina Furniture Truck
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 07:44:01 AM »
I know this is an old topic but just needed to let you know our experience with this type of merchant.  A few  years back, we too, fell for the line and decided to see what they had for sale.  We found a dining room set that we really liked and thought the price was good.  We paid by check.  The furniture was delivered and the truck went on it's way.  After they left we starting inspecting the furniture better and noticed that one of the legs of a chair was cracked and breaking.  We tried to contact them with the information they left us but couldn't get them to respond.  I went online and found the dining room set that we had purchased and discovered it was actually Ashley Furniture.  It was also $500 cheaper online than what we paid.  My husband went to the bank and put a 'stop payment' on the check.  (He wanted to see if that would get their attention.  Keep in mind we bought the furniture in the evening and he put a 'stop' on the check the next morning.)  We found out that they (truck driver and his assistants) tried to cash the check immediately when the bank opened the following morning just as my husband was putting the 'stop' on it.  Apparently that enraged the driver.  He came back to the house and proceeded to scream at my husband.  We told him that we found out that he didn't offer the lowest price (which he claimed) and showed him the print out of the internet search.  We also told him that we knew it was Ashley Furniture and that one of the pieces was broken.  He could either give us our check back and take back the furniture, give us $500 back and a new chair to replace the broken one or we could call the police.  Suffice it to say, they took the furniture back and that was the last we saw of them.  I should also point out that the truck that was being driven around had a huge THOMASVILLE painted on the side, to give you the impression it was Thomasville furniture.  They also said they were from North Carolina except we noticed when the came back that the truck plates were from New York.  Hmmmmmm?  Buyer beware.....

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!