Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 02, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

New Year by celtick1
January 01, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

December 31, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

December 26, 2017, 09:43:27 AM

Author Topic: I am here to help  (Read 115855 times)

GoBraves

Re: I am here to help
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »
Hey Mortgage Guy-
      Who told you not to post an advertisement on here?
      I have posted about my wife's chiropractic practice on here, and I have not been told not to post.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

steveg

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 05:15:47 PM »
I posted my computer business here which is now on page 3 now but will post again when I get to page 4. So not sure why anyone would tell you not to post it is titled Services and Products.
Steve G

mortgageguy

• Apply for a mortgage online
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 05:38:12 PM »
I was told basically by the Admin of the site that this is a low budget site and that my advertising was frowned upon.  Please know that I am not one to ever want to start trouble whatsoever.  I just wanted to reach out to people here in our community that might need to lean on someone who is experienced who might really be able to help them.

Rates went down again today but I do not want to get booted off the site so if anyone wants to reach me I check my emails all day.  I am never too busy to help out.

Oh yeah and Go Bears!!!

Thanks!!!
Nick Hedke
Mortgage Loan Officer
Direct cell (630) 776-0540
Email:  nick.hedke@dkmortgage.com

Manatee

• Providence - True North
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 03:44:52 AM »
You posting is no different than anyone else posting about their services and products.  Please keep us educated and informed about the market.  Obviously you have support of many New Elginites, so keep posting!

Go Cubs ... Let's Get Some Runs!

Summer :)

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 04:59:00 AM »
Admin... what say you?  His post is no different then Fall Clean up posted in late Aug.  prices, details of services, company name, phone number etc.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 05:01:10 AM by THIS IS THE YEAR »

mortgageguy

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 05:20:16 AM »
Thank you for the support.  I will keep on posting to keep everyone in the loop.  Today looks to be a down day for rates as some of the steam is let out of the rally.  But in general we should see rates stay in this range for a while. 
Nick Hedke
Mortgage Loan Officer

Primrose

• Global Moderator
  • Providence T&C
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »
I have to say I am with ADMIN on this one.  I understand making a post once per month or every couple weeks.  However, I don't really feel it is necessary to post the current rates every day or more than once a week.  Members do have the opportunity to make real advertisements on this site by joining www.google.com/adsense and specifically choose to advertise through google adsense on this site. 

I don't want to log on and see 50 different posts by 5 different people that are all advertisements.
I don't run the site, but I think that is what ADMIN is getting at.

There are hundreds of sites to advertise on and I would just prefer in the future not to have to muddle through 20 advertisements to read the info about the community.

Keeping the community informed is fine, however, please be respectful with the number of advertisement type posts.  Steve G has done a fine job with this, he has "advertised" but not in and overkill fashion: 

http://www.newelgin.com/index.php?topic=851.0

thanks

crazykid

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 07:28:55 AM »
That's right....Admin... how about a little explaining!!  Take a look at everyone else promoting their businesses!!  Is it maybe that u are in the same business as MORTGAGEGUY and he is taking people away from you????  Not to start any trouble or anything!!! ???

Primrose

• Global Moderator
  • Providence T&C
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 07:30:41 AM »
CrazyKid - I can attest, ADMIN is NOT in the same business as MORTAGEGUY.  He is only trying to maintain the integrity of the site.

thanks

GoBraves

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »
Aren't we all adults on this site?  If so, then we need to start acting like adults.

If you are only on this site to yell and argue, then please leave.  Elgin.com is a vital resource to many of us homeowners.  Please do not ruin this site with all of the bickering.  Grow up!

mortgageguy

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
Like I said I do not want to start trouble and per my last post I will not list current market rates.  I am on my computer off and on all day and more then happy to help people.  But in all fairness, you can not select one person such as myself and tell me to advertise on google when the same message is not being passed out to every other person who has listed what they do as a profession on this site.  Really we are all just hard working adults trying to promote what we love to do.  That is why I thought there was a Products and Services category.

Thanks!
Nick Hedke
Mortgage Loan Officer

GirlWindy

• Waterford
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
Ok, everybody settle down.  I agree, lets think through this like adults.

While I didn't understand what the problem was with advertising here, I now see Primrose's point of view as well.  I think the point was we don't want any thread dominating the most recent posts every single day - hot topics are one thing, but they usually fade after a few days.  Maybe the problem was not so much the advertising itself, but the frequent updates with rates/etc that the Admin took issue with because it kept the thread (regardless of intention) at the top of the recent topics every day.

MortgageGuy - hope you will stick around the board.  We might get uppidity at times, but in general, this is a pretty great site......

GROUP HUG!!!  lol....

Primrose

• Global Moderator
  • Providence T&C
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »
Group hug! Did some one say time Haiku time?   ;D

Mortgage rates are low
Be smart with your finances
He is here to help

;)

mortgageguy

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 08:36:28 AM »
Dont worry I will be sticking around and I understand each side of the point.  What I will do is touch base from time to time about what is going on in the market.  My goal was not to make posts everyday but rates kept falling and I wanted people to be aware so that they did not lock at a higher rate.  Just trying to look out for my fellow New Elginites!
Nick Hedke
Mortgage Loan Officer

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »
For the record I am in IT working for the man.  I sit behind a desk most of the day writing code.  I don't sell mortgages. :D

This site is maintained by me and built by all the members here.  It is a community effort.  My main goal is to keep the members happy and information flowing.

mortgageguy, I reread my message to you and quiet honestly I came across as a jerk.  I apologize.  I typed the PM fast during my lunch break.  My intent was to help you advertise effectively on this or any forum.  Obviously there are no guidelines for advertising and that is makes it difficult to walk the line.  I admire your ambition in building your business and choosing to do it here.

The point I wanted to make with my PM was, "Give more to the community than you take".  It is really the best way to effectively advertise to websavvy people.  Posting the current rates seems like a commercial to me and does not seem to add much value.  Looks like many here disagree.  If the members here disagree I will back off.  What I would hate to see happen is people coming here to post their marketing material and not give anything to the community.  Based on your response it does not seem to be your intent.

What honestly tripped my mental spam filter is sgtdisney said:
How are the appraisals coming in, in our area lately.   Are they coming in lower than the selling prices of some of the houses, or are they still pretty equal.
  And you did not answer.  That made me worry that you did not care to answer questions.  Obviously that is not the case.

Here is how I recommend advertising on this forum:
- go to your profile and put your URL of you website in your footer.  This way it appears every time you post a message.
- Answer every question that you can.  If they like your answer they are likely to click the footer link and get more info on your services.
- Offer discounts to newelgin.com members.  This can help grow membership on this site and bring you business.
- Go to www.google.com/adsense and run ads targeted to this site.

My final sentences of my PM to you were an invitation to open dialog on how I can help you effectively advertise on newelgin.com.  That remains open to you and every one who wants to advertise here.  I should get a page set up dedicated to guidelines and suggestions for advertising.  If done correctly it can be a win/win for everyone.

I see you legitimately want to help people.  I appreciate that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 02:21:09 PM by Admin »
Livin in Providence and love'n it.

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!