Cable rep? by DaveandKyla
January 27, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 19, 2018, 06:29:26 AM

office help by dw
January 09, 2018, 11:55:23 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 09, 2018, 08:04:47 AM

Author Topic: Burglary in Providence Today  (Read 10102 times)

lotsofkids

Re: Burglary in Providence Today
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
My home was built in 2005 and I have the locks.  I'm in the Blackstone series as well.  Any windows from Republic have them and all Providence homes (including True North) used them until they went bankrupt (2009).  I can't post a picture because A:  I don't know how and B:  I am out of town and my husband won't do it!  When I get home, I'll ask a friend to post it for me.

Look at your windows.  On the right and left side on the "top" window frame, there is a little tab that is flush with the sill.  It look like a little tiny rectangle.  All you need to do is pry it up and it will not let the window open more than 2 inches.  I had no idea that we had them either until a window washer showed me because I had purchased external locks. 

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

jsa927

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:22:32 AM »
Thank you for the explanation.  My husband noticed the window stops at the top of the windows, but confirmed they do not move and are there to keep the window from hitting the top of the frame.   

htformas

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:20:08 AM by htformas »

Topaz

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »
Man, who would've thought some kid from a block over was the one who broke into the homes?! I mean, it makes sense - casing the houses would be easy, but I figured it was some people preying on a relatively new and somewhat isolated community in the "new part" of Elgin. New neighborhoods often have these types of break-ins which subside greatly after 5-10 years. However, I'd say most of the time in those situations it isn't an "inside job". 

celtick1

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »
Nobody really wants to believe that a neighbors child would be involved in something like a residential burglary(s) but the truth of the matter is that it happens sometimes. When a subdivision as large as ours begins to grow and mature, so do the children that live there. Our children are long grown and gone. Our neighbors children are all absolute darlings and we could never believe that they could be responsible for something like this so I know what Topaz is feeling.

Our “gentleman” in question lives on Settlers Pkwy according to the paper. The people who live there all moved in around 2004-2005. He is 17 now so he was probably around 10 or 11 years old when they moved in. I can tell you, from experience, that children 17 years of age, for the vast part, don’t just graduate into pulling residential burglaries. You are talking about the selection, surveillance, planning and execution of physically entering another persons home and removing items specifically valuable such as coins, jewelry and electronics which, in these cases, is what was taken.

I would wager that if we had a window into this persons background, you would find some acts in the area of vandalism, criminal damage and minor theft. All are precursors to bigger and more serious crimes like residential burglary, unless the juvenile offender is caught early and further activity is stymied.  Let’s see, Settlers Pkwy backs up to the large sign entering Providence and the small lighthouse entrance. Hmm, areas that suffered damage and theft in the past.  I am not saying he is guilty of that but it sure puts the mind to thinking. We must also consider, a person is to be considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. I thought I should throw that in.

Primrose

• Global Moderator
  • Providence T&C
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »
Nobody really wants to believe that a neighbors child would be involved in something like a residential burglary(s) but the truth of the matter is that it happens sometimes. When a subdivision as large as ours begins to grow and mature, so do the children that live there. Our children are long grown and gone. Our neighbors children are all absolute darlings and we could never believe that they could be responsible for something like this so I know what Topaz is feeling.

Our “gentleman” in question lives on Settlers Pkwy according to the paper. The people who live there all moved in around 2004-2005. He is 17 now so he was probably around 10 or 11 years old when they moved in. I can tell you, from experience, that children 17 years of age, for the vast part, don’t just graduate into pulling residential burglaries. You are talking about the selection, surveillance, planning and execution of physically entering another persons home and removing items specifically valuable such as coins, jewelry and electronics which, in these cases, is what was taken.

I would wager that if we had a window into this persons background, you would find some acts in the area of vandalism, criminal damage and minor theft. All are precursors to bigger and more serious crimes like residential burglary, unless the juvenile offender is caught early and further activity is stymied.  Let’s see, Settlers Pkwy backs up to the large sign entering Providence and the small lighthouse entrance. Hmm, areas that suffered damage and theft in the past.  I am not saying he is guilty of that but it sure puts the mind to thinking. We must also consider, a person is to be considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. I thought I should throw that in.

Let's not speculate about things to which their is no proof and no real evidence.  Seriously, he was caught and charged with these crimes, however, unless there is proof, lets not speculate.

also you may want to read this topic in its entirety  http://newelgin.com/index.php?topic=2512.0

Matt

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 06:29:24 AM »

Let's not speculate about things to which their is no proof and no real evidence.  Seriously, he was caught and charged with these crimes, however, unless there is proof, lets not speculate.

also you may want to read this topic in its entirety  http://newelgin.com/index.php?topic=2512.0
[/quote]

Agreed.

This kid is only 17.  He will pay the price for what he did, and hopefully learn from it.

mdamm3

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
He was identified by someone that knew him while he was coming out of their garage. He and his friends are linked to a few other burglaries and attempted burglaries in the neighborhood.

I think it's sad that kids are stealing in our neighborhood. These teenagers are even so bold to do it at 3:30 in the afternoon!

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »
I'm going to lock this topic up. I'm sure this young man and his family are having some tough times as a result of his actions and the police are doing what needs to be done.

If you have any concerns feel free to PM me.
Livin in Providence and love'n it.

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!