Cable rep? by DaveandKyla
January 27, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 19, 2018, 06:29:26 AM

office help by dw
January 09, 2018, 11:55:23 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 09, 2018, 08:04:47 AM

Author Topic: Subject: Neighborhood Robberies  (Read 2306 times)

Primrose

• Global Moderator
  • Providence T&C
Subject: Neighborhood Robberies
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »
I received this email from a couple in the neighborhood today.

Subject: Neighborhood Robberies

Hi Everyone, we wanted to give you a heads up. This morning (Tuesday) a few people, including myself noticed a car (light blue/teal Hyundai Elantra - sorry no license plate #)  driving around the neighborhood with 2 women in it, they would drive by houses and write things down as they drove by. They also went up to the front doors of a few houses, rang the door bell and claimed they were from a religious group. Well one of our neighbors called the police and we found out that these women are casing houses in the Providence/Copper Springs/Shadow Hill area ahead of possible robberies. They are looking to see if you have an alarm system, a dog, if you are home during the day and when you leave in the morning and come home later. They will come to your door and see if your door is unlocked before ringing the bell and will try other tactics to get the information the seek.

The police have told us that there has been some activity in the area recently and have mentioned that we should keep a light on in the house, make sure our doors and screen doors are locked at all times, our garage doors are closed, keep outside lights on at night, put on your alarm when you are not home, get an alarm system if you can and keep an eye out for anything suspicious in the neighborhood. Look for someone unloading things into a car/truck or van in broad daylight, cars stopping in front of houses writing things down (get a license plate number if possible), people coming to your door claiming to be from a religious group, etc. If someone does come to your door, do not open your door all the way and watch to see if they seem to be looking into the house trying to find things to rob, etc.

If you see anything out of the ordinary please call the police right away. 

Let your fellow neighbors and friends in the area know!

Hopefully the police can catch these people soon and keep the neighborhood safe.

We will let you know if any info comes about in the coming weeks

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

sgtdisney

• Copper Springs
Re: Subject: Neighborhood Robberies
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:52:14 AM »
Wow, thanks for the "heads up" Primrose!

dweinrich

Re: Subject: Neighborhood Robberies
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »
I saw a woman going door to door in our neighborhood yesterday around 5pm.  We live in Waterford.  (Kelly Drive)  She did not come on my side of the street so I am not sure what she was selling.  She was alone and I did not see a car near her. 

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!