+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Recent Posts ezBlock

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
October 17, 2017, 09:33:04 AM

Moving Sale...Amish Oak Hall Tower, Bar Stools & Amish Oak Roll Top Desk w\Chair by Ret08
October 11, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

October 11, 2017, 07:05:55 AM

Moving Sale...Queen Bedroom Set by Ret08
October 06, 2017, 12:14:34 PM

October 04, 2017, 06:37:06 AM

Garage Sale - Fri and Sat - 10 am - 5 pm - 3126 Taunton St (Townhomes) by Jeffgt9
September 29, 2017, 04:57:40 AM

Moving Sale...Amish Solid Oak Dining Room Table by Ret08
September 26, 2017, 04:24:31 AM

September 25, 2017, 01:41:59 PM

September 22, 2017, 06:57:15 AM

Re: ISO: trim painted by kim2227
September 17, 2017, 06:07:21 AM

Author Topic: Interest in Speaking at Next HOA meeting  (Read 1167 times)

Megan Butler

Interest in Speaking at Next HOA meeting
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
Good Afternoon New Elgin,

My name is Megan Butler I am a field organizer working on a government stimulus program that gives financial assistance to homeowners to make their homes more energy efficient. I reaching out to local Homeowners Associations hoping that you can help me get connected to community members that can take advantage of this program. I would be very interested in coming in and speaking at the next home owners association! Please give me a message or email or phone call if you are interested in having me! Below I have included a more detailed description of the program!

Energy Impact Illinois is a government stimulus project designed to create jobs and promote economic and environmental sustainability in local neighborhoods by helping homeowners make their households more energy efficient. Through this program, homeowners increase the energy efficiency of their households by at least 15% with simple repairs related to air sealing and insulation. To date the average household that goes through this program saves about $500.00 per year on energy costs.

The first step in the process is having a contractor do an energy assessment for your home. Working with Nicor and Peoples' Gas Energy Impact Illinois offers reduced cost energy assessments ($49 in areas served by Nicor). During the assessment, an auditor will come to your home and use specialized tools to show you where your house is leaking energy. The assessor will be able to print out a suggestion for your house right there that shows energy efficiency improvements you could do on your house as well as their cost and the % increase in energy efficiency. At the end of the assessment there is absolutely no obligation to move forward with suggested changes, but if you choose to do so then you are able to take advantage of the instant 70% rebates up to 1750 as well as 0% interest loans.

With the "energy efficiency Tupperware party" model the assessments will be offered for free if homeowners are willing to host a "house party" where they allow a group of 5-10 friends, family and neighbors to meet with an auditor while he demonstrates, using high tech technology, where the household is loosing energy. House parties only about an 1 1/2 hour time commitment on the part of the host and are a great way to help me spread the word about the energy efficiency rebates in your community.

If a homeowner is interested in going through with the changes suggested by the auditor, Energy Impact Illinois is offering an instant rebate of 70% up to 1,750 per household. We are also offering 0% interest loans for up to 12 months (capped at 8% after that) to homeowners who are making bigger changes including windows, duct work, boilers and furnaces or energy star appliances.

Home-owners that take advantage of the program and reduce their energy use by 15% or more also receive an Illinois Home Performance Certificate with Energy Star which is attached to the value of the household. This means that when the home goes up for sale on the market, the certificate appears as proof that it is energy efficient. In Oregon and California, households that went through similar programs sold 3-4 times faster and for 9% more money.

The idea behind this program is that it helps homeowners make their house more sustainable and comfortable, save money, and increase the value of their household.

I hope this information was useful for you! Please let me know if you have any other questions! I am looking for opportunities to come and speak to community groups, to write up articles for newsletters or post information on websites! You can either call (639-750-7726) or email me meg@energyimpactillinois.org or contact the EI2 hotline 1-855-9-IMPACT for more information.

You can also check out our website at www.energyimpactillinois.org

Thank you very much for your time!

Megan Butler
Field Organizer

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.