+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Recent Posts ezBlock

Re: Subaru dealership coming across Advocate Sherman and VW coming to 90 auto mall by Gusaphinya
December 08, 2017, 12:27:25 AM

Re: before bus care by Gusaphinya
December 08, 2017, 12:27:14 AM

Re: What irritates me by celtick1
December 07, 2017, 07:33:17 AM

Re: What irritates me by sgdg
December 06, 2017, 09:24:17 PM

What irritates me by celtick1
December 05, 2017, 04:33:16 PM

Re: I have a question by olmeca
November 17, 2017, 12:19:40 PM

I have a question by HunniePie
November 17, 2017, 04:06:32 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
November 07, 2017, 09:02:17 AM

November 01, 2017, 10:16:34 AM

October 25, 2017, 08:07:43 AM

Author Topic: Galvan for Elgin Mayor  (Read 1106 times)

olmeca

• Lord Stanley's CUP!!!!
Galvan for Elgin Mayor
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
Today early voting starts!!  I am running for Mayor of Elgin because I, like many of my neighbors, want to hold the line on taxes.  During the first year of the current Mayor's administration he passed the following NEW TAXES:
a Refuse Tax, an Electrical Tax, a Natural Gas Tax, and an Alcohol Tax

Economic Development has taken a backseat with the City government and has been left in the hands of outside agencies.  Do you go downtown to shop or dine or do you head south or north on Randall or on I-90 and spend your money out of town?  Do you feel safe going downtown at night?

Are we really the entertainment center for the northwest suburbs as the Mayor claims because we spend lots of your hard earned tax dollars on the arts?

Do you feel a disconnect between our western community and the rest of Elgin? 

The Mayor claims that we have no image problem and the surrounding communities look to us as a model for them to follow.  Do you believe that claim???

If you have ever been to a City Council Meeting or seen one online,  you cannot but help notice the dysfunctional relationship between the City Council members and the Mayor.  All members of the Council represent every Elginite and should be respected for the position they hold.  I will work with every Council member towards a better Elgin.

I have a history of working in Municipal government as a Community Development Director, Building Code Official and Planning Director .  I have also led in the federal government as the Midwest Regional Director for HUD for 7+ years were I managed a cumulative budget of $16 Billion over a 6 state region, with 11 offices and over 1200 employees. I was the Chairman of the Chicago Federal Executive Board whose mission is to foster communication, coordination, and collaboration among Federal agencies, and also with state and local governments.

I am asking for your vote for a New Beginning for a Historic City!

Early voting starts today and you can vote at: Gail Borden Library, City of Elgin or Elgin Township.
( do you think that they should maybe allow early voting at the Rakow branch of our library on Bowes to make it more accessible for the west side?)

Vote April 7, Joe Galvan for Mayor!!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:25:14 AM by olmeca »

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

roze1

Re: Galvan for Elgin Mayor
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 03:05:17 AM »
Thanks for running!  It's a tough road.

I'm hoping for good things this election cycle.

...just as an FYI...there was early voting at the Dell Webb community on the 24th and the 25th. I always choose to vote there. Such a nice location.  :)
~Providence Homeowner

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!