Re: What irritates me by Slimnut
January 03, 2018, 06:23:05 PM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 02, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

New Year by celtick1
January 01, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
December 31, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

Author Topic: Cable/Internet/Phone  (Read 662 times)

TomPop

Cable/Internet/Phone
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:59:39 PM »
I currently have the above service with At&T and my bill just went up $90 (my first year was up). I called and complained so they adjusted it, gave me some new plan and it only supposedly went up a little. Got an email and now the bill doubled.
Needless to say I want to drop At&t because overall I have not had any good experiences with them this past year as their service as been pretty suspect.

Anyone happy with their service and if so what kind of a deal are you getting? I don't really need the phone service.

Thanks for your input!

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Ret08

Re: Cable/Internet/Phone
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:07 AM »
They all suck. ;) I have ATT for my landline only. I do a bit of faxing, and we like having the 911 available from any phone in the house.  But, I won't have ATT for anything else because they have slow internet, and I blame them for all the spam calls I get every 5 minutes on my landline phone.  I've had to stop answering my phone and turn off the answering machine.  I think they could do more to stop them, but it would cost them too much in revenue.  I've had Comcast for internet and DirecTV for TV for years.   I've been with DirecTV for about 15 years and am not on a contract any longer.  Every year I call DirecTV and ask for a customer appreciation discount.  They've always given me one.  This last time they gave me $40 off the bill with no strings attached.  Also, they adjusted my service because I was paying for things I didn't watch...ever...and saved me another $10 a month.  I've had issues with them over the years, but nothing serious and not for quite a while.  My only issue with DirecTV is when we have heavy storms and I lose my signal.  Comcast is a nightmare to deal with when you're trying to straighten out a billing issue when you have a change in service.  Other than that, they have very very reliable and fast internet service in our area.  I've had them for internet for probably about 15 years, as well.  Good luck.  It's a real crap shoot.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:47:40 AM by Ret08 »

mrjoeo

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:34:01 PM »
Try WOW, much better and cheaper then everybody else....

Marcy

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »
We recently switched to Xfinity.  J. Michael Ross is on this board as Xfinity Guy and he gave us a pretty good deal.  Call him at 847-721-4768. 

We're still getting used to the service, after having Dish for many years, but we're adjusting.  The On Demand library is fantastic and quite extensive.  Great internet speed as well.

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!