Re: What irritates me by Slimnut
January 03, 2018, 06:23:05 PM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
January 02, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

New Year by celtick1
January 01, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

Re: I am here to help by mortgageguy
December 31, 2017, 09:06:12 AM

Author Topic: Welcome to NewElgin.com!!  (Read 12636 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Welcome to NewElgin.com!!
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:08:38 PM »
Hello, I'm glad you came to see NewElgin.com!†

I created this site we can share information about our new community and get to know each other.† Feel free to post what is on your mind or just say hi.

I chose the url newelgin.com for a couple of reasons.  First, the site is primarily dedicated to the new area of development on the far west side of Elgin.  The second is that Elgin has been doing a great deal of work to improve quality of life for all of its residents and give its image a facelift.  I hope this web site will help with that effort and make it easier for new (and relocated citizens) to get involved with the community.

Click here to register...it's free!

I look forward to chatting with everyone!

BTW... This website is not affiliated with any of the builders in the area.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 07:39:09 AM by Admin »
Livin in Providence and love'n it.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Johnny b

• Waterford Community
Re: Welcome to NewElgin.com!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:41:23 AM »
We should really promote this site! A virtual community is always a good way to communicate with others.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:52:21 PM »
Hey Johnnyb, please pass the URL on to your neighbors.

I do agree that communication will help this community grow stronger.

I feel kind of bad putting up signs at the entrance but itís either that or putting cards on peoples door knobs.  I am not sure which is more annoying.  Until word of mouth does its job I may have to continue with one or both.  The signs offer a repeat reminder to check out the site with the least amount of $ and effort.

Well, I hope it does not annoy too many people or take away from the upscale feeling of the area.  Iím open to thoughtsÖ

hallock35

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 01:14:45 PM »
I think the signs are great!  Dont take them down! 

Greg@ShaodowHill

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »
Admin,
Can you please send me an email.  I setup a forum last August for Shadow Hill but before I post the address I would like your approval, and of course I will add a link to your site!!!

Thanks,
Greg

SeeThruCar

• Global Moderator
  • '69 Chevelle
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 09:12:22 AM »
Corrected my UserName.  Dang small font size and tired eyes...  ;)

jacollins

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 10:40:42 AM »
This site is great, and I think it will be hlepful in keeping abreast of what's going on in our community as well hearing what others have to say about different issues.  Thanks for setting it up.

gotk

• Providence - True North
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 07:24:40 PM »
speaking of those signs....  I really don't mind a couple here and there for a while....  but the city of elgin sent out that notice about "nuisance code violations".  Anyone know what they mean by "temporary signs in yards"?  Is that to say that political signs are against a city ordinance?  what about for sale signs?  Garage sale?  what do they mean by "temporary sign"?

VR3

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 09:45:57 PM »
Awesome site and thanks for going through all the hard work to set it up† ;D

firedancer

• GO CUBS!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 10:29:24 AM »
GREAT WEBSITE!!!!!  Very informaitive!! I nice to chat with everyone in the area!!!

mch

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 04:29:24 PM »
Thanks for putting up the signs. We'll be moving to Shadow Hill in the spring and saw the signs while driving around today. So far this site is great! We're moving for the community living and this website will help everyone! Thanks!!!  ;D

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 06:33:21 PM »
Hi, glad you like the site!† It has been a long time since I put out a sign so I figured there may be some new neighbors who might be interested.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

mattbn8

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 06:08:43 PM »
I too am glad that this virtual community is up.  I hope that others do some pro-active work like you did to help us in our search when we move back into the area from Michigan.  I'm thinking about starting one for Williamston, MI where we currently reside.  I read in my recent Kiplingers magazine that a gentleman sold his house with the help of a similar blog in a matter of weeks.  Maybe I can do the same very soon.  The job market here is the worst.  Happy Holidays to all!

goldretriever97

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:35 PM »
 :(   Im a newbie to the website and I found it very informative.  Im a Centex homeowner and have been here a little more than a year now.  I have also had my share of problems with my house as most have my neighbors.  Right now,  my main problem is Comed and its power surges and failures.  Heres what happened:  I bought a hottub in Sept. and received it in Oct.  I bought it from a place in Crystal Lake called Coast to Coast Hottubs.  It cost be a bunch of $$$$ too.  Well,  my hottub is not working now because there supposedly was a power surge in the beginning of Jan, just after the New Year, and when I went out to use it,  my hottub panel said 125 degrees.  I turned off the power and called Coast to Coast.  They claimed that it was Comeds problem and they wouldnt cover it by my warrenty.  So now the hottub's circuit board is burned out due to the power surge and Coast wants 1200. to fix the whole thing.  I dont want to spend the money, if this will happen again in the future, (you know?!!!)  Comed has denied my claim too. Suggestions anyone?  Also, I found out that 12 houses are on one transformer.  And I know the transformer for my house was replaced, but dont know when.  Has anyone else had power problems?  Thank you for you time and consideration.  Sherry

sgtdisney

• Copper Springs
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »
Welcome Sherry, to New Elgin.  We had the same power issues as you did in January.  I am sorry to hear about your hot tub.   I am not sure who is legally responsible, my first thought would be it is ComEd's fault.  But then maybe it was how the tub was wired, you would think the circuit breaker would trip?  Can the hot tub be on a surge protector?  I know it's probably too late for that now.  I hope they are able to resolve it for you. 

Hello! It appears you are not logged in and may be new to this forum. Please Register and log in.

We would love to have you on board! Registration is free and will allow you to reply to conversations at NewElgin.com.

Once you log in a Reply button will be visible at the start and end of each discussion. Click it to add your two cents!